Friday, May 28, 2010

First Post Ever!


I love this time of year because I can got to the grocery store and get a bunch of super cheap flowers. So far I have bought tulips and daises. I put them in mason jars.



Strawberry Sauce


Ingredients:




  • Strawberries


  • Sugar to taste - I use 1/3 cup, you can always add more later


  • 1 Cap full of almond flavoring


Cut tops off strawberries. Put all ingredients into a pot and cook over low to medium heat until soft. Allow to cool, put in a blender and puree. Then enjoy! I found this recipe on my favorite blog: ourbestbites.com. Their recipes are so good!!

Of course this makes a lot of strawberry sauce so I decided to use it in muffins. Strawberry Blueberry muffins...mmm. Just follow a regular muffin recipe as far as the dry ingredients go. Put in the suggested egg and oil. Add about a cup of strawberry sauce and slowly add milk until it is normal muffin consistency.














1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new blog! I look forward to seeing your recipes and hearing all about Ashton and Ty. :)

    ReplyDelete