Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Man!

Tomorrow morning at 4:04 a.m. (4 is my favorite number by the way) Ashton was born. My life as I knew it was forever changed. He is truly the light of my life. He doesn't know it but he has taught me how to appreciate how fleeting moments, hours, days, weeks, and now years are.

As I write this it is 9:47pm. A year ago right now Ty and I were about to get into the car to drive up to the hospital. The hospital is only a minute drives from our house and we made it in between contractions. So many memories of this day! The next few are blurry - probably because of pain and lack of sleep.

The day before Ashton's arrival I watched the old movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner on TMC while I chatted with Anna. I made chicken fingers (over cooked my heart wasn't in it) for dinner. After dinner I talked with Liz while I began timing my contractions. Then I called mom and told her what I was experiencing. She strongly recommended that I call my midwife. I was hesitant, I wanted to make sure it was the real thing. In all the excitement I forgot to call my poor mom back and tell her I was in labor and would be having a baby very soon. She didn't hear from me again until about 5 the next morning.

Ty and I have been reminiscing about the past year all day today. It's not even his birthday yet! We are so sappy!! We just love him more than anything and are so blessed to have him in our lives.

"Making the decision to have a baby is momentous. It is to decide to forever have you heart go walking around outside your body."

Elizabeth Stone

"A baby will make love stronger, days longer, nights shorter, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"

And something to look forward to:

"Having a toddler is like having a blender but you don't have a top for it."

I think Jerry Seinfeld.


Oh and on another less emotional note....
You may be wondering what sled dogs do on their days off. Well, Bomber has been eating grilled cheese sandwiches and sweet potato fries along with mashed bananas and yogurt. He is continuing his cross training of dodge the baby but lick his ear with Ashton at all times. As a result Ashton has very clean ears. Unfortunately the training is cancelled out by animal cracker and mum mums. It is a hard life. No really he has it really bad.

Oh one more quote of the day.

"Just think Jen, this time last year you were a glowing house. Now you're all normal sized.... I meant it as a compliment, I mean house as in your belly was big. I mean you look great now...I mean you did have a huge belly"

By Tyrell Moulton my loving husband who is enjoying the taste of that foot in his mouth. How did I get to be so lucky? Really Ty you should have stopped after the word glowing. That is where it all went wrong.

2 comments:

  1. ahahahahhahaha HILARIOUS TY! Happy birthday to the best nephew EVER! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four was always your favorite number ;) I am gonna be linking to your chicken parm on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete