Sunday, January 2, 2011

Morning Stretches... We had a LONG run today.
On the trail
The 'wheel' dogs (the ones in back) are Silver on the left and Niko on the right.
My leaders are Bomber on the left and Yamik on the right.
Bomber and Niko are best buds! The dogs worked hard today.


This is Tonto he is georgeous! As you can see in the picture he has one green eye and one blue eye. He is one stubborn dog! Redheads you know... His sister Fox is also a spitfire. He is a tank and does best in the wheel position.


This is me backwards on my sled. I really shouldn't be doing things like this - dangerous and all but I love a photo op. It all turned out ok I didn't fall of my sled at all today.



My official training for Elkford has begun. We went about 3 miles today but there was a lot of hard uphills. The trails were not packed well so the dogs had to work harder. They did great! I went with my friends Craig and Sian and their daughter Morgan. Craig had a 6 dog team, Sian had 4 dogs, and Morgan had 2. My team was pretty quick and could keep up with Craig's team no problem. I was overall happy with their performance. Bomber and Yamik definitely need some more long distance runs but I should have enough time.
I am supposed to run the same team again tomorrow. My hands stayed nice an toasty today. I was so scared of getting frostbite again (I had a close call earlier this week). I wore cheapo cotten gloves with nice warm mits over top. And my secret weapon.... hand warmers in the mitten. I am hoping to use this system in Elkford if it is super cold. I just shake up the hand warmers and put them in the mits about 10 minutes before I take off. So far so good. Ty was threatening to call me Nubby if I lost my fingers. I think he just wants me to let him race my team. :) If I keep my fingers tomorrow and have anything interesting to say I will blog again. See I'm on a blogging roll.
































No comments:

Post a Comment